Home » Posts tagged 'post 16-9'
Tag Archives: post 16-9
Geometry is everywhere. Try to incorporate real life examples of geometric shapes into your lessons. Here’s how to easily show your class some great photos:
- Visit Flickr‘s advanced search at http://www.flickr.com/search/advanced.
- Scroll down, and click on “
- Type in a keyword and run a search.
- Sort by “Most relevant” or “Most interesting.”
- Click the Slideshow button in the top right corner.
Here is an example of a slideshow, taken from an amazing minimalist photographer Zel Nunes:
Review the following information for the midterm: the processing strands, the content strands, components of numbers and operations, algebra, and geometry, assessment principles, 5 research models, strategies to use with English language learners, 2-D and 3-D shapes, vocabulary – (one-to-one correspondence, subitize, cardinality, compose, decompose, visualize, spatial sense, transform, estimate).
You can review the NCTM standards using this presentation. The standard is given, and the content-area strand is given on the following slide:
Here are the math literature books you shared: